News:

Linux su Macbook Apple M1? Fedora Asahi Linux.

Menu principale
+-

+-Utente

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

quei furboni di Mint...

Aperto da Supernova, Venerdì 09 Dicembre 2011, 00:43:51

Discussione precedente - Discussione successiva

Supernova

Pare che Banshee sia stato modificato perché Mint si prenda tutti i soldi dell'acquisto delle canzoni su Amazon. Questi servivano per finanziare il progetto Gnome...
Qui i dettagli:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/12/linux-mint-swap-banshee-affiliate-code-take-100-of-profits/

Supernova

Mintico

Non sapevo che esistesse una cosa del genere: è una specie di commissione?

Spiega, spiega... grazie :ciao:

Supernova

Una percentuale per il fatto che acquisti tramite banshee. Ora, se questi soldi finiscono a Gnome posso capire, dopotutto offrono tecnologia a tutte le distro e devono mantenersi. Se Ubuntu ne prende una piccola percentuale posso capire, fanno uno sforzo esagerato per diffondere Linux e ne vogliono un piccolo ritorno. Se Mint prende TUTTO mi scoccia: 1) perchè sottraete soldi a Gnome...2) perchè per quanto il risultato sia buono (interessante il mintmenu, meno mate, a mio avviso) è anche merito di Ubuntu e (non scordiamolo) di Debian!

Quindi, sarebbe bello scrivere tutti insieme a lefevre per chiedere di finanziare il progetto Gnome...
Supernova

Mintico

Ma in termini legali, è corretto? Possibile?

dieguitus

Ho provato a chiedere spiegazioni nel forum internazionale.

Certo, il codice modificato non lascia molto spazio a dubbi:
Citazione === modified file 'banshee/src/Extensions/Banshee.AmazonMp3.Store/Banshee.AmazonMp3.Store/StoreView.cs'
Index: banshee-2.2.0/src/Extensions/Banshee.AmazonMp3.Store/Banshee.AmazonMp3.Store/StoreView.cs
===================================================================
--- banshee-2.2.0.orig/src/Extensions/Banshee.AmazonMp3.Store/Banshee.AmazonMp3.Store/StoreView.cs 2011-09-07 17:41:05.000000000 +0100
+++ banshee-2.2.0/src/Extensions/Banshee.AmazonMp3.Store/Banshee.AmazonMp3.Store/StoreView.cs 2011-10-30 13:30:29.902848173 +0000
@@ -45,7 +45,7 @@
         // We ask that no one change this redirect URL. ALL (100%) revenue
         // generated by this Banshee Amazon integration is sent directly to the
         // non-profit GNOME Foundation.
-        public const string REDIRECT_URL = "http://integrated-services.banshee.fm/amz/redirect.do/";
+        public const string REDIRECT_URL = "http://redir.linuxmint.com/mp3amazonstore/";

private static string [] domains = new [] {
             "com",

Bella figura...  :dry:

dieguitus

Fantastico! Il mio topic nel forum ufficiale è stato rimosso! ;D
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=88357

Siamo arrivati alla censura? :roll:

La deriva che sta prendendo questa distribuzione mi lascia ogni giorno più perplesso... :hmm:

danialbi

che cosa ci avevi scritto in quel topic....minacce di morte?? ;D ;D

dieguitus

Avevo linkato l'articolo e scritto che gli utenti meriterebbero delle spiegazioni. Ora provo a rimetterlo.

Jay

Cosa ne pensate? Come dice anche l'articolo, una cosa del genere l'aveva pensate anche Ubuntu causando una bufera enorme. Proprio quest'anno che Mint sta andando così bene (e io sono tra quelli che hanno abbandonato Ubuntu per Mint), se ne esce così? Mi sembra un po' un autogol. Aspetto vostre opinioni  ;)
http://www.ossblog.it/post/9013/linux-mint-da-ora-prendera-il-100-dei-profitti-dallamazon-music-store

dieguitus

;D svelato l'arcano: il mio topic è stato unito ad un altro analogo (eppure una ricerca l'avevo fatta, prima di postare :D).

Clem aveva già risposto sia nel forum tedesco da cui tutto si è originato, sia nell'articolo di omgubuntu.
La sua risposta mi pare poco convincente, così come pare agli utenti che hanno commentato dopo di lui.

Clement Lefebvre
Joey (post author): Why can't you do it properly? A question's been raised on http://www.glasen-hardt.de/?p=..., a valid one, although its author jumped to conclusions. Now you want to make some traffic and bounce on the controversy... great, but do it properly and include the answer we've already given.

-->

Gutten tag.. sorry, my German isn't good at all

This post was brought to my attention by somebody on the IRC. I hope
it's ok for me to reply in English and give you some additional
information so that you can be aware of what we're doing.

I won't be here often but if you need more info, don't hesitate to contact me by email, or somebody at Linux Mint.

Ok, first let's talk about the income: In November 2011, the income
from Banshee represents $3.41. As you can see it's insignificant. The
reason we can tell how much it is, is because we took over that link (as
you can see in the changelog).

Now, let's talk about the beneficiaries of this income. I would like
everyone to visit the following link (yes, the one from Banshee):

http://integrated-services.ban...

As you can see it's a broken link. Banshee does not use this link and
they do not care about this income anymore (And we'll probably do the
same as them in the future).

Now, let's explain why the patch and the changelog don't say the same
thing. The "upstream" component of our repositories is for packages we
take from Ubuntu and modify for Linux Mint. This particular package
comes with a patch which changes the Banshee URL with a Canonical URL.
What we're doing, in comparison to upstream (which for us means Ubuntu),
is to modify this patch by replacing the Canonical URL with our own. So
of course, in the end, the new patch still modifies the Banshee URL,
but our change was to change the patch which itself changes that URL... if
that makes sense. So, that's why you see "Changed redirect URL Ubuntu's
Amazon store" in the changelog, because that's exactly what we did.

Now, should we share the $3.41/month with Banshee? We could. With
Ubuntu? Why not. They're both upstream to us and they're both important
to us. If we agree with them on how to share, then it might happen,
whether they keep control and share with us, or we keep control and
share with them. What's for sure though, is that for this kind of
revenue, not a lot of time is going to be spent in negotiations.

I hope that brings some relevant info on the whole thing and that
people can now make their mind on how outrageous and scandalous this
whole secretive (hidden in a changelog!!! lol) banshee-gate really is )

------ and after somebody pointed out the link indeed wasn't broken (cause Banshee does some geoip magic to it we weren't aware off) -----

dr_alex: oops.. thanks for this. I replied to Stefan by email. Canonical
is not in a position to split the revenue generated by Mint users at
75% Canonical – 25% Banshee. This is a decision that belongs to us.
$3.41 is probably not worth splitting, tracking or even talking about,
but if Banshee are interested in a share revenue with us we'll give them
more than 25%, just to make that point

---- and here's the update from the same blog after we explained things (in German) ---

http://www.glasen-hardt.de/?p=...

Now you've got everything you need to understand what you're actually talking about.

PS: The part about hiding the nature of the change in the changelog... please download the source code for this package from Ubuntu, then do the same from Mint, then compare the patches, then read the changelog again. A little research wouldn't harm you. You can make as much traffic and bounce off this kinds of mini-scandal while including the conclusion and digging the topic. It's obviously well-written, the "Minted" title would have been fun, but the part about the changelog, the FUD around the "secretive" aspect of the change and the fact that you didn't bother following up on our answers, that just shows a complete lack of research. And that won't harm you much, no, it'll just make it harder for us to explain to people, and we'll waste more time doing so. I didn't expect you to contact us of course (a journalist would have done so), but you had these elements already right in front of you.

Ho messo in tag code perché è piuttosto lungo. I link si perdono, quindi invito a leggere dall'articolo originale.

E' stato fatto con una certa leggerezza, spero in buona fede (pensando di togliere a canonical e non a banshee/gnome), certo dal punto di vista etico rimane una porcheria bella e buona >:(

midnite

dieguitus

danialbi

ma tu, solo per curiosita', quali distro hai sui tuoi pc, e quali sono quelle che usi quotidianamente, e quali invece quelle che stai "sperimentando" ??

dieguitus

Io uso ubuntu 11.04, a casa e sul lavoro.
Non ho il tempo di sperimentare assolutamente nulla, mi piacerebbe installare una minidistro di quelle che si avviano in pochi secondi per uso navigazione (90% del mio uso domestico).
Qualche tempo fa mi ripromettevo di installare anche mint 12, ma ci vuole un po' di tempo "tutto attaccato", i ritagli che ho non bastano.

Non capisco però questa "curiosità" che attinenza abbia con la discussione... :hmm:

Eg65

Hahahaha  

Sti  Francesi  e  sti  Tedeschi  ...... battono  cassa    :fi: :angel: